GYÖRGY SEGESDI (1931-2021)
Steel and Plexiglass Sculpture
György Segesdi was born in Budapest on 17 July 1931. He studied sculpture at the Academy of Fine Arts between 1949 and 1954. After college he made traditional figurative statues for a long time. In the early 1960s he made his first plate sculptures and his first welded statue. From the late 1960s onwards, he became less and less interested in traditional sculpture. His last figurative monument was the Marx-Engels Memorial (1971). From the early 1970s, he began to work more and more with Plexiglas. From 1976 he taught at the Silicate Design Department of the College of Applied Arts.
for more information please contact